Thursday, February 14, 2013

Reflection on Goals

At the beginning of senior year I set several goals, with the aim to either accomplish or work on them throughout the year. My plan was to participate in Hope for Kids: Cancer Hospital continuously, as well as SAISA Volleyball and SAISA Track, and do outside training predominantly using the Tough Mudder Training Plan.
My goal to participate in Hope for Kids weekly has definitely been a success. I enjoy going to the hospital whether to interact with the kids or to help in other ways. This goal was strongly connected to my goal of improving collaboration with others and becoming more of a team oriented mindset. With Hope for Kids, not only have I had the opportunity to brighten kids lives, but I have been lucky to get to know other individuals from the CAS better who I might not have had the chance to in school. Over time, we have gotten to know each other better and how we fulfill our pieces within the team, leading to, perhaps unconsciously sometimes, a more unified and beneficial team.
My goal of taking leadership roles more often has not been filled to quite such an extent. As a senior, it is almost expected of me to take leadership and be responsible, not only in activities but as an individual setting an example overall. As previously mentioned, I fulfilled a leadership position to a certain extent in volleyball as one of three seniors as well as having strong volleyball skills and background. Within Hope for Kids I believe that instead of fulfilling a leadership position I set an example by interacting with the children and understanding what my strengths are and how they can benefit the CAS perhaps differently then other individuals talents.
Overall, when I made goals at the beginning of the year I was certain to make them broad in order to be applicable in a wide range of potential CAS opportunities. I have fulfilled many of the goals I have set, although most of them are ongoing goals which seek continuous fulfillment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment