Monday, April 22, 2013

Final CAS Reflection

The goals I set at the beginning of senior year are in the link below:
http://thofto.blogspot.com/2012/08/cas-goals-for-semester-one-of-senior.html

Looking back over my goals, I realize they were very general and not directly linked to the 8 learning outcomes. I still feel like I have fulfilled the 8 learning outcomes, while using the goals I had made to pursue personal goals.
In general, my goals such as blogging once a week and including a photo per post were difficult due to the time required and that there wasn't always a photo or creative evidence (another goal) of the activity.
I fulfilled my goals of perseverance and commitment to activities and bettering myself through my continual involvement with Hope for Kids, volleyball, track and field, and outside training. Through this commitment I also fulfilled my original goals of taking leadership roles more often and balancing in-school sports and out-of-school training. Having been made track and field captain and one of three seniors on the volleyball team I was required to take a leadership position which was a new challenge for me and allowed me to develop new skills in working and leading the teams. I also developed new skills in terms of pushing myself further - with an increasing awareness that my determination to push myself to the limits is a strength of mine and that an area of weakness is motivation, which I can address easily and grow through - managing to run further and faster in track and becoming one of the most solid and reliable servers and libero for volleyball. Being captain was a challenge for me as well as I was required to be a role model outside of track as well as during practices and meets, I also had to plan and initiate activities such as warm ups and drills while maintaining control of the team.
Overall I feel I fulfilled the goals I have set and the goals of the 8 learning outcomes, while enjoying the activities I have participated in.

No comments:

Post a Comment