Friday, April 19, 2013

SAISA Track



My final SAISA competition was the best one yet for me. I feel so lucky to be able to have been a part of the OSC team and SAISA Track and Field team from all schools. The dedication, perseverance and commitment people had to to their events, their teams and themselves was obvious and I hope that others could see that in me as well. It was lovely to be able to see people such as John (both of them), Forrest, and Caleb again as I had met them at last year's SAISA.


As one of the few seniors in all of the SAISA Track and part of the home team, I understood the need to set an example for others, while recognizing that I had to collaborate with the officials (who were difficult at times), my teammates (who I love dearly but occasionally want to yell at), and other teams (who were fantastic). I worked collaboratively with others as well, as we had to take care of the younger people on the team and frequently Dylan and I would be pinning over 10 numbers on minutes before a race would begin. 


I demonstrated good leadership during SAISA as well, initiating warm ups and drills for myself and others who needed it. While I am sad that SAISA is over for me, I am happy to say that I will continue running and training outside of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment